Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring

Every year, I can't decide whether I'm a bigger fan of Fall or Spring. But, when May rolls around, I know why spring is always in the fight for being my favorite season. Michigan has beautiful day's in May, today being no exception. It has days that are perfect to be outdoors, without the overwhelming amount of heat (and humidity) like the later months of summer. And it's the month that kicks off summer, where the months are spent traveling and seeing people that we don't get to see during other times of the year, laying out at Lake Michigan, and playing at cottages with family and friends (when we aren't working of course). Can you tell, I can't wait? Especially since this little girl is now part of our family!

This is Roo, my family's new yellow lab pup. She's a cutie, isn't she? And yes, I'm completely smitten by her. She is now 9 and a half weeks old and showing she has quite the personality. This summer with her should be quite the show. Let's just say that she knows she is cute, and she has a little sass to her. Our 13 year old Jack Russell Terrier, Iggy, tolerates her and basically only "plays" with her in the sense that he allows her to chew on his collar. But she has made a couple of other friends that WILL play with her. One is a cute 6 mo. old black lab named MJ, and the other is a bigger version of herself (see picture below), named Libbi, who happens to be the reason my little sister wanted to get a yellow lab in the first place.
I've gotten to spend a good chunk of time with her, thanks to my little sister, Sami, having knee surgery in Indianapolis to repair her torn ACL. Which leaves me to be the only child in our family who HASN'T torn their ACL, and I'd like to keep it that way. The Shelbourne Clinic, where Sami had her surgery, is awesome. It is where Molly, and a few other friends have gone to have their ACL surgery done, all having great results and a speedy recovery back into their sports. Sami is doing well with the rehab and gets to walk around. If everything goes as planned, she'll be ready to go for all of her fall sports that start off her senior year of high school. And I'm not even going to think about it being her senior year, because it makes me feel like I'm getting old....haha.

Well, I'm off to get my life together before I start a three in a row at work. Sorry if I fall off the face of the earth for a while. Be back Saturday ;). Have a wonderful rest of your week and enjoy these BEAUTIFUL May days!

1 comment: