Saturday, July 6, 2013

Oops....

I forgot I had a blog. Well, kind of. Honestly, it's slipped my mind and I'm now going to start trying to make a more consistent effort. My goal is to start posting once a week. It may happen more often, but hopefully not less :) So anyway, let me get you up to speed on where life has taken me in 2013.

 Over the last 6 months, a lot of good changes have happened. I've been accepted to graduate school at the University of Michigan to work towards a masters in nursing with a pediatric nurse practitioner focus. I've also decided to move out to Ann Arbor for school. Growing up in West Michigan, this is quite the change for me, but I'm very excited about it. I've also started working at the University of  Michigan hospital on an adult leukemia and telemetry (aka heart monitor) floor, and so far so good! I'm loving it. The patient ratios are a little better than where I was at and since U of M is a teaching hospital, I feel like I'm learning SO much every shift. This place feels like where I'm supposed to be. Which, truthfully, hasn't happened since I was at Hope. And I'm working evenings, so I have a sleep schedule again, which unless you've worked nights, you may not understand how wonderful it is to sleep at night all the time. Another perk is that I'm now working with one of my best friends, and seriously, it's so great!!

Also, another reason reason I'm updating my blog and making an effort to write more frequently, is the fact my twin sister and her best friend started a blog (which reminded me I have a blog)- it's called "Well, that was awkward...". If you're looking for a good laugh, I'm sure it won't disappoint. They are two awesome girls with quite the sense of humor and have a interesting tendency to have some pretty ridiculous stuff happen to them (hence the name of the blog).

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So - following & reading my blog on a daily basis wasn't reminder enough of YOUR blog???
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ok, but I don't actually get on my blogger account to check yours... I had to in order to add Molly and Tiffany's blog. But anyway, touché. ;) haha

      Delete